Thursday, August 22, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #53, Kikaku's "a flock of swallows"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Today I have another wonderful haiku written by Kikaku to share with you all. I think this is not an easy haiku to be inspired through, but ... it's a challenge to try to write a haiku in the same tone, sense and Spirit as Kikaku.

Credits: Swallows flying through willows

above the sea
a rainbow, erased by
a flock of swallows

(c) Kikaku

Well ... I hope you all will be inspired and I love to share my haiku inspired on this one by Kikaku. It wasn't easy to write a new haiku ...


over the meadow
flies a flock of whimbrels -
poppies tremble


This Special episode will stay on 'till August 23th 11.59 AM (CET) and I will post our new episode later on today around 7.00 PM (CET). That will be another nice musical piece by Karunesh, Japanese Spring. !! Kikaku's "a flock of swallows" is open for submissions at 7.00 PM (CET) !!



6 comments:

  1. I love yours, Kristjaan! Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful haiku Kristjaan.. the softness of your haiku is adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for whimbrels - a new word and a new bird for me! I agree this was a tough prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, Kikaku's reminded me of the recent Arizona fires. Kristjaan, your haiku is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete