Friday, April 4, 2014

Carpe Diem's Tan Renga Challenge #29, Bastet's "the mountain shining"



Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

As you maybe can remember last year we had an every week Tan Renga Challenge, but during our pilgrimage-months I hadn't time to prepare those Tan Renga Challenges, so from this month on we will have our Tan Renga Challenge back every friday. For these Tan Renga Challenges I use haiku written by you, my dear haijin, of course after asking permission.

The goal of this Tan Renga Challenge is to complete the Tan Renga by writing the second stanza. Let me tell you a little bit more about Tan Renga. Tan Renga looks very similar to Tanka (5-7-5-7-7), but is not written by one haiku-poet, but by two haiku-poets, it's a kind of collaborative writing.
The first stanza of a Tan Renga, is the haiku (5-7-5) and the second stanza, for asfaras I know it has no special name, has two lines of respectively 7-7 syllables. Of course you don't have to use that 7-7 syllables rule, but if you want to ... please feel free.

Credits: The Mountain Shining

This week's Tan Renga Challenge (number 25) is started by Bastet of "Bastet and Sekhmet's Library" and this is the haiku (the first stanza) of "the mountain shining":


the mountain shining
first light streaks through the valley
lazy clouds float by

(c) Bastet

The goal is to write the second stanza to complete the Tan Renga. This is my completion of this Tan Renga.

the mountain shining
first light streaks through the valley
lazy clouds float by
  (Bastet)

at the horizon sounds of thunder
and lightning brightens the sky
    (Chèvrefeuille) 

Well .... now it is up to you to complete this Tan Renga started by Bastet . have fun, be inspired and share your completed Tan Renga with Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

This episode of CD's Tan Renga Challenge will stay open until next friday April 11th 11.59 AM (CET) and is NOW OPEN for your submissions.


6 comments:

  1. Ah.. what a glorious haiku for a tan-renga.. loved to do a completion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see Tan Renga again! Thanks you so much for choosing my haiku for the new beginning of this wonderful challenge ... your ending makes an interesting completion to the hokku.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to thanks you very mcuh for using my haiku for the hokku of this tan-renga. I'm so happy to see this challenge once again, and your completion of the haiku is beautifully done and so adapt! I'm also as usual having problems posting a comment...just hope this one gets through!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I have ever done this, would really appreciate some feedback whether I am on the right track or not, thank you in advance :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the entries, this is so interesting. I am really fascinated by this poetry but not a poet myself but trying. My first entry ever in to this kind of thing so hoping I have not made a fool of myself hehe. Advice gratefully received x

    ReplyDelete