Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Carpe Diem Extra May 16th 2017 a work in progress ... and more


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I have a few things to tell you, no shocking news or something don't worry. Today I started creating our new and exclusive CDHK e-book "furu ike ya", a compilation of "frog"- haiku inspired on that beauty by Basho.
Several weeks ago I did a call for submissions for this new e-book and you all have responded in a nice way with beautiful haiku, tanka and even a tanaga (thank you Celestine). I have gathered all those beauties and now I am busy with the further progress of this new e-book. I will add several haiku on frogs by classical haiku poets and I found a nice (short) story about a monk in which frogs are playing a role too.
"Furu ike ya" will become an awesome CDHK e-book I think. I hope to publish it this week or short after the weekend. I will keep you posted.

Earlier this week I published a new episode of "My Gift ..." in which I introduced to you a new CDHK special feature "haiku puzzler". I loved to create that new feature and you responded in a nice way.

sunflower field

Recently, after the announcement of the results of the "cherry blossom"-kukai I did a call to submit haiku for our new kukai "sunflower". Until now I have had only one submission, so to have a great kukai I need more submissions. So ... if you haven't submitted your "sunflower"-haiku than please submit them to our email-address: carpediemhaikukai@gmail.com Please write "sunflower"-kukai in the subject line.

To conclude this CDHK Extra episode I have another annoucement to make. Next month all the prompts will be themed Tibet. As you all know Tibet is one of the most spiritual countries in the world. One of my unfinished novels plays for a very big part in Tibet and I loved visiting that country virtually. I once wrote a haibun about Tibet and I enjoyed that in a great way. I love Tibet and I am sad that it is no longer a souverain country since 1951.

mysterious shadows
against the rough mountains -
Om Mani Padme Hum

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... this was all for now my dear friends. See you.

Namasté,

Chèvrefeuille

3 comments:

  1. Kristjaan,
    We folks who look to you for challenge and inspiration are very fortunate for your dedication. I want to thank you once more for your continue dedication to this Kai.

    Namaste,
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your dedication. Tibet sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete