Sunday, May 7, 2017

Carpe Diem Tan Renga Challenge 2017 #5 silent steps


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend and I am ,looking forward to your responses on our last "weekend-meditation", an episode of Universal Jane. I had a nice weekend, relaxed and full of family fun.

This month we are busy with our 2nd Tan Renga Challenge here at CDHK. and today I have another nice challenge for you. In our last regular episode I challenged you to create a Tan Renga from a classical haiku by Boncho and so today I have a modern haiku for you. Today I have chosen a haiku created by Ese Klava with this haiku she became the "runner-up" of our "prayers" kukai. Maybe you can remember this beauty.

silent steps -
one more candle illuminates
the old chapel

© Ese

Candles
As I was preparing this new episode of our Tan Renga Challenge 2017 a haiku by Buson came in mind which sounds familiar, but has also in a way a link to the haiku by Ese. So I love to share that haiku here also, maybe you can also try to create a Tan Renga with this haiku by Buson.

lightning one candle
with another candle
an evening in spring


© Buson (Tr. unknown)

As you all know the goal of the Tan Renga Challenge is to add your two lined 2nd stanza to the Tan Renga's "hokku". Those two lines may count approximately 7 and 7 syllables, but as you also know, that's not a strict rule here at CDHK.

Here is my attempt to create a Tan Renga with the haiku by Ese:

silent steps -
one more candle illuminates
the old chapel                          © Ese
voices of monks resonate
against the walls praising their god
              © Chèvrefeuille

And here is my attempt to create a Tan Renga with the haiku by Buson:

lightning one candle
with another candle
an evening in spring              © Buson (Tr. unknown)
shadows dance on the walls
telling spooky stories to the kids
                 © Chèvrefeuille

Well ... now it is up to you my dear Haijin to complete the Tan Renga for this episode.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until May 12th at noon (CET). Have fun ... !


No comments:

Post a Comment