Sunday, July 9, 2017

Carpe Diem #1216 moonlight


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our wonderful Kai in which we are enjoying the writing of Japanese poetry. As I started back in 2012 I wouldn't have thought that this daily haiku meme would have a long life, but ... well we are almost five (5) years of age and I still enjoy being your host. Of course it isn't always easy to bring an every day post, so that's one of the reasons that I at the start of this year decided to take the weekends off and present to you the "weekend-meditation" in which I share posts to think over, to meditate about and contemplate about.

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend, I had a great weekend. We had wonderful weather here in The Netherlands and I have enjoyed it a lot. I could relax and do activities with my family. And now it's Sunday, the weekend is almost over and it is time to bring our next regular prompt for this month. This month we are exploring the beauty of classical and non-classical kigo (seasonwords) and today I have a nice modern kigo extracted from Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku".

Moonlight
 Today I love to inspire you with "moonlight" ... This prompt we have had here several times I think, but it's just nice prompt to become inspired through. As you maybe know I am a "moon-lover" and I have written several haiku (and tanka) with "moonlight" in it. Especially on my personal WP blog I have shared more than once haiku about moonlight.

The moon however is a classical kigo for autumn, but in our western world the moon is from all seasons, but here in The Netherlands it is said that our winter moon is the most beautiful, but I think the moon, my love, is beautiful in every season.

Of course we are exploring kigo for summer, so I have to create a summer haiku (or -tanka) with the moon in summer, must be easy I think ....

First a few from my archives:

she is lovely
the first full moon of Summer
the sound of the sea

the day ends
buttercups share their golden light -
the moon rises

like a nightflower
I stretch towards the moon
she … the one I love

one night stand
making love on the beach –
sand on my buttocks
silent witnesses of love on the beach
beneath the full moon

© Chèvrefeuille

And here is one fresh from my pencil:

after a hot day
cleansing my body and soul
in the moonlight


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until July 14th at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, Cormorant fishing (Ukai), later on. Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment