Sunday, July 16, 2017

Carpe Diem #1220 Twilight


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

I hope you all have had a nice weekend and that you have been inspired to create haiku or tanka "triggered" by our "weekend-meditation". I am looking forward to your responses. Than this ... our Carpe Diem Haiku Kai Autumn Retreat 2017 "departure" has started too. So you can create haiku or tanka themed "departure" for 30 days every day one (or several) haiku or tanka a day.

Today our Summertime-month is going on with its regular prompts, all kigo for summer and today I have chosen Twilight for prompt. It has been extracted from Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku" and its therefore a modern kigo (seasonword) for summer.

White Zen

Here is the haiku by Jane Reichhold to inspire you:

twilight
some of the light underwater
in a white stone

© Jane Reichhold (1937-2016)

What a wonderful haiku Jane has written on this modern kigo. The scene described is awesome and gives me a feeling of being rich. Isn't it beautiful to see the light of twilight in the white stones on the bottom of the brook?

As I re-read this haiku a haiku I once wrote came in mind:

deep silence
sunbeams breaking through the water -
the silence deepens

© Chèvrefeuille

Or this one, also from my archives:

the creek ripples
water circles grow
a pebble

© Chèvrefeuille

All haiku that share a beautiful scene with us, in which we only can bow our heads in admiration and praise ... Mother Nature is beautiful.

Twilight
And to conclude this episode I have gathered a few haiku, also from my archives, themed twilight:

in the twilight
only the song of cicadas -
my love's breathing

in the twilight
mist creeps over the fields -
stars twinkle 

in the twilight
as stars twinkle bright and clear
Honeysuckle perfume

© Chèvrefeuille

Maybe it's an idea to start your inspired haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form with the following first line:

in the twilight

You may choose of course if you use this first line or not.

I just had to create an all new poem inspired on this post ... so here is my newly created haiku:

in the twilight
silence deepens into mystery
last beam of light


© Chèvrefeuille

Well .. I hope I have inspired you with this new episode of our Haiku Kai, the place to be if you liuke to write and share Japanese poetry.

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until July 21st at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, Cockroach (Gokiburi), later on. For now just have fun!


5 comments:

  1. Hello! This is my first time posting here. For some reason my usual follow button is not coming up but I will follow as soon as I figure out how to. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you have found your way to Carpe Diem. Feel free to comment on every post and participate in the daily meme. If you have questions you can ask them also in the comments field or through an email to: carpediemhaikukai@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Kristjaan, what a beautiful prompt and all your haiku you have shared are simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristjaan,
    Here is my link to this prompt....a lovely one too:)

    https://thoughtsandentanglements.wordpress.com/2017/07/22/twilight-3/

    ReplyDelete