Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Carpe Diem #1222 Beach


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our daily haiku meme Carpe Diem Haiku Kai. This month we are exploring classical and non-classical kigo (seasonwords) for summer and today we have an other nice modern kigo extracted from Jane Reichhold's "A Dictionary of Haiku", a modern Saijiki.

Today our prompt is beach and I think this kigo doesn't need any explanation, so here are a few haiku by Jane which she wrote for this modern kigo.

Beach
darkening beach
the warmth of a person's eyes
for the sinking sun


scattered in sand
embers of a saltwood fire
face to face with stars
shell beach
wind blowing through
a train whistle
a windless day
the beach colored
sea foam

© Jane Reichhold (1937-2016)
Four beauties I would say. Jane was in my opinion, one of the best modern haiku poets. She was renown all over the globe and has been my co-host for two years. She is still missed. Her spirit is moving here at Carpe Diem Haiku Kai.

And here are a few haiku created by myself, maybe not that clear for summer, but very clear for beach:

snow?
the beach covered with foam
last night's storm
torn apart clothes
thrown against a beach pole
a winter's love
© Chèvrefeuille
Beach Love
hot summer night
the sweet scent of Honeysuckle
arouses the senses
the sound of waves
accompanies hot steamy love -
seagulls cry
© Chèvrefeuille
And to conclude this episode about the beach, I have another haiku for you to share:
a whisper of rain
awakens me gently
morning on the beach
© Chèvrefeuille
I hope I have inspired you with this episode full of the beauty of the beach.
This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7:00 PM (CET) and will remain open until July 23rd at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode, Raspberry (Kiichigo), later on. For now .. just have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment