Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Carpe Diem #1231 Serenity (Mystical Threshold by intuitive artist Joan Fullerton)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Our journey into the modern arts is on full speed, the first week is almost done. We have already seen modern arts sculptures and today I love to inspire you through a painting titled "Mystical Threshold" and it's painted by renown intuitive artist Joan Fullerton. Here is a short introduction by herself:

"Born into a Wyoming ranch family, I grew up with a deep regard for the natural world.  For me the subtle nuances as well as the awesome power of nature's beauty, made the solitude of the isolated prairie sacred.  While raising 3 children, I studied watercolor with Edgar Whitney, Frank Webb, Charles Reid and other nationally known watercolorists.  In 1985 I returned to college and achieved BFA and MFA degrees in painting from the University of Wyoming.  I was a college art instructor from 1990 to 2003 in Cheyenne, WY.  And in 2003 I fulfilled a long-time dream when I moved to Taos, NM, to paint full-time.  After 8 successful years in Taos, I am now in the Denver, CO area, painting and teaching workshops." (Source: Joan Fullerton.com)

Joan Fullerton
I have seen several of her paintings and they all are stunning. They look fragile and mysterious, but always very colorful. I especially like the mysterious landscapes, which she herself calls intuitive paintings. One of those landscapes I love to share here to inspire you with, this painting is titled "Mystical Threshold".

Mystical Threshold (Joan Fullerton) (found on Pinterest)
Let us take a closer look ... It looks like a pond surrounded by trees and bushes somewhere in autumn, according to the colors used. As I saw this painting the first thing that came in mind is "Mists of Avalon" and the legend of "King Arthur". The scene looks mysterious and magical and it seems that at the left side a little bit beneath the center of the paintings something / someone is hiding. I think this is one of her most beautiful mystical landscapes. You really have to visit her own website or her Pinterest account ... then you will discover a lot of beauty ...

"Magical Threshold" has also something of the impressionists, because it is an impression of a lake surrounded by nature in autumn colors. Maybe this makes the connection to haiku. Maybe you can remember that I once said: "haiku is an impression of a moment as short as the sound of a pebble thrown into water" and as we take this idea than I think it's possible to create an impression inspired on this beautiful painting by Joan Fullerton.

mysterious
autumn colors
fade away


© Chèvrefeuille

Avalon
threshold of mystery
deep silence


© Chèvrefeuille

departing
summer ends
colorful lake


© Chèvrefeuille

And to conclude this episode, I recovered a haiku from my archives:

at sunrise
the deep purple of the night disappears
in dew drops

© Chèvrefeuille

I hope I have inspired you.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until August 9th at noon (CET). Have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment