Monday, August 28, 2017

Carpe Diem #1244 In Utero (by Guglielmo Alberto Nacci)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Our Modern Art month is almost over. We only have four days to go in which I am trying to inspire you through modern art. This month we have seen the most beautiful pieces of modern art and I have read wonderful responses.

Today I have a wonderful "modern art" psychedelic painting by Guglielmo Alberto Nacci for you. This painting is titled "In Utero" and it's a beautiful painting in which greenish colors are very Obvious, but also the figure(s) in the painting have a kind of ghostly image ... as I think is what psychedelic means.

Guglielmo Alberto Nacci (Saatchi Art)
And this is what he tells about himself and his ideas at the website of Saatchi Art:

['...] "I am a self-taught painter. The passion for drawing manifested itself since my childhood. I started using oil at the age of 18. The starting point of my artistic path are the introspective experiences of adolescence. Through painting I tried to give voice to the chaotic turmoil full of unravelling intuitions and contradictions of adolescence.

The search of Truth obsesses the life of many. But that same obsessing search distracts attention from the very object. Truth is all around us, Truth is right in front of our eyes and it manifests itself with Beauty: the Perfection of Nature. 


Artists are translators. "Our language interpose itself between learning and the truth as a dusty glass, a deforming mirror. The Eden language was like clear window, through which a light of full comprehension flowed". (George Steiner, After Babel). "Beauty is truth, truth beauty, - that is all, Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know''. (John Keats)" [...]

I like the idea "artists are translators" I think that's so right ... in our haiku, tanka or other Japanese poetry form we translate the simple all day beauty of nature ... yes we are translators.


In Utero (oil-painting by Guglielmo Alberto Nacci)
A wonderful painting ... very much in tune with the most important theme of haiku ... nature, but also in tune with humanity and battles humans sometimes have to fight with theirselves or with others. What do I see in this painting ...

The nude person looks translucent, he touches the "invisible wall" between him and a part of the garden in which he is walking around. It looks like he is searching for a way to escape, maybe he is lost or he has had a sad experience, a crime or he has lost a loved one. He looks desperate, but as he would find the gutch to look around him than he would see door (in the right of the painting) or maybe that window through which the moon can be seen ... I think with this painting Guglielmo Alberto Nacci has given an image to his quest for the right path, or the path to find his purpose ...

I love this painting ... I would love to be part of that painting to feel the emotions caught in it. It brought memories back, sweet memories by the way ...


painting on the wall
the touch of it makes the mystery
a new world


© Chèvrefeuille
Well ... I hope you did like this (delayed) episode, I enjoyed for sure creating it and I am looking forward to all of your responses.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until September 4th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on. For now ... have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment