Sunday, April 22, 2018

Carpe Diem Romancing Haiku #2 mountain


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

What a joy ... a new episode of our brand new feature "Carpe Diem Romancing Haiku" for you all. As I stated in the first episode of this feature "I think haiku can be a love poem too, as tanka once was meant to be". In our first episode I had chosen the theme "beach" for you. For this episode I have chosen the theme "mountain".

Here at CDHK we have often seen the theme "mountain" so I think it will not a big problem to create love-haiku themed "mountain".

An example by myself:

watching a geisha
monk from high up in the mountains
he's also a man

© Chèvrefeuille

Mount Fuji

Or this one, more a love-poem without bringing love up actually, but in the deeper layer this is also a love-haiku:

drinking tea
on the porch of a mountain hut -
the almost full moon

© Chèvrefeuille

Well ... enjoy this challenge to create a "love-haiku" themed "mountain". 

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until April 29th at noon (CEST). Have fun ...!


1 comment:

  1. Having grown up in Colorado, I'm forever "in love" with mountains :)

    ReplyDelete